Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Navigating Rubrics in Desire2Learn
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
Rubrics allow an instructor to establish set criteria for grading assignments. Rubrics can be attached to dropbox folders, discussion topics, quizzes or grade items. so that the criteria are available to students before they submit their assignment. Rubrics can be used to display the number of points students were awarded for each criterion when an assignment is graded.
Additional information on navigating rubrics can be found at the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following these links will direct you away from the UW-Platteville Knowledgebase:
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- Note: If there is a lock icon next to the rubric name, there are already assessments for the rubric and it cannot be edited or deleted.
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click More in the navigation bar and select Rubrics.
- To create a rubric, select New Rubric.
- To search for a previously existing rubric, enter the name in the Search For box. Click Show Search Options for options to narrow a search.
- To preview, view statistics or edit an existing rubric, select the drop-down arrow next to the rubric name. From this menu, the status can be set, and the rubric can be copied or deleted.
For more information on the following topics, see the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Clicking these links will take you away from the UW-Platteville KnowledgeBase.
- Editing rubrics, achievement levels, criteria, or criteria groups
- Managing rubrics status settings
- Viewing rubric statistics
Note: If there is a lock icon next to the rubric name, there are already assessments for the rubric, and it cannot be edited or deleted.