Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Creating Rubrics in Desire2Learn
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
Rubrics allow an instructor to establish set criteria for grading assignments. Rubrics can be attached to dropbox folders, discussion topics, quizzes and grade items so that the criteria are available to students before they submit their assignment. Rubrics can be used to display the number of points students were awarded for each criterion when an assignment is graded. In Desire2Learn, it is possible to create two types of rubrics, holistic rubrics and analytic rubrics.
Additional information on navigating rubrics can be found at the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following these links will direct you away from the UW-Platteville Knowledgebase:
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click More in the navigation bar and select Rubrics.
- Select New Rubric. By default, the Properties tab will display.
- Select the status of the rubric.
- Draft: Initial status of rubric. Not yet available for new associations with items in Desire2Learn.
- Published: Associations can be made with published rubrics. Note: When a rubric is published, the name, description, levels and criteria cannot be changed.
- Archived: Rubric no longer appears in default search and is not available for new associations. Note: Existing associations with archived rubrics are functional.
- Levels: The levels of proficiency that will be assessed.
- Criteria: The things or categories upon which students will be assessed.
- Text Only: Performance levels will be indicated by text (e.g., Poor, Fair, Outstanding).
- Points: Performance levels include both text and point values [e.g., Fair (50 points)].
- Custom Points: Allows instructor to customize the points for each criterion. The same performance level does not need to be used for the entire rubric.