MyMedia: Closed Captioned Video
MEDIASPACE VERSION: 5 OR HIGHER
MyMedia closed captions are metadata that can be added for each saved video media. Closed captions are subtitles that can be displayed with the media player. Close captions are created as plain text files that are uploaded and saved with the saved media. Mymedia supports the ability to search subtitles and captions as a metadata field.
NOTE: Only video type media can have captions.
- University NetID login access to Kaltura MyMedia.
- Open the MyMedia Landing HomePage from D2L or http://mymedia.uwplatt.edu/.
- Click the My Media menu item.
- Click the Edit button next to the media you want to add closed captions on. to edit the video type media.
Note: The Wildlife.wmv is the video media used for this example.
- A new page is displayed to allow editing the details, comment and other properties.
- Click the Captions tab to upload a captions file to add subtitling for this video clip.
- Click the Upload captions file button to add a closed captions file.
- Click the Browse... button to select a caption file.
- Search for the captions file.
- Select the language based on the captions file selected for the Select Language box.
- Enter a descriptive name to reference the selected captions file in the Label box.
Note: The label is used for the caption selector. The caption selector displays caption options in the media player.
- Click Save button to upload and save the captions file.