MyMedia: Closed Captioned Audio
MEDIASPACE VERSION: 5 OR HIGHER
MyMedia closed captions are metadata that can be added for each saved audio media as a video type. Closed captions are subtitles that can be displayed with the media player. Closed captions are created as plain text files that are uploaded and saved with the saved media. MyMedia supports the ability to search subtitles and captions as a metadata field.
- University NetID login access to MyMedia
- Open the MyMedia Landing HomePage from D2L or from http://mymedia.uwplatt.edu/.
- Click the My Media menu item.
- Click the Edit button to edit the video type media.
Note: The MP4 AUDIO FILE TYPE is the audio media saved as video media used for this example.
- A new page is displayed to allow editing the details, comment and other properties.
- Click the Captions tab to upload a captions file to add subtitling for this video clip.
- Click the Upload captions file button to add a closed captions file.
- Click the Browse... button to select a caption file.
- Search to locate the captions file.
- Select the language based on the selected captions file for the Language selection box.
- Enter a descriptive name to reference the selected captions file in the Label box.
Note: The label is used for the caption selector. The caption selector displays caption options in the media player.
- Click Save button to upload and save the captions file.