Topics Map > Campus Services > Multimedia
MyMedia: Trim Video
MEDIASPACE VERSION: 5 OR HIGHER
MyMedia videos can be edited to trim the length of the original video clip.
- University NetID login access to MyMedia.
- Open the MyMedia Landing HomePage from D2L or from http://mymedia.uwplatt.edu/.
- Click the My Media menu item.
- A new page displaying saved media is displayed.
- Click the Edit button to edit the video type media.
Note: The Wildlife.wmv is the video media for this example here.
- A new page is displayed to allow editing the details, comment and other properties.
Note: For more information about the features and control click here.
- Click the Trim Video tab to trim the start and end times for this saved video clip.
- To change the video clip start time, select the red-line playhead control to adjust the current playing time to a new start time location.
- Click the Set Starting Point button after a new start time location is determined.
- To change the video clip end time, select the red-line playhead control to adjust the current playing time to a new end time location.
- Click the Set Ending Point button after a new end time location is determined.
- Click the Preview button to preview the temporary trimmed video clip using the video player window on the page.
- Click the Trim Video button to save the trimmed video clip.
- Click the Trim Video button in the Trim Confirmation dialog box to replace the original video with the updated trimmed video clip.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.