MyMedia: Trim Video
MEDIASPACE VERSION: 5 OR HIGHER
MyMedia videos can be edited to trim the length of the original video clip.
- University NetID login access to MyMedia.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Open the MyMedia Landing HomePage from D2L or from http://mymedia.uwplatt.edu/.
- Click the My Media menu item.
- A new page displaying saved media is displayed.
- Click the Edit button to edit the video type media.
Note: The Wildlife.wmv is the video media for this example here.
- A new page is displayed to allow editing the details, comment and other properties.
Note: For more information about the features and control click here.
- Click the Trim Video tab to trim the start and end times for this saved video clip.
- To change the video clip start time, select the red-line playhead control to adjust the current playing time to a new start time location.
- Click the Set Starting Point button after a new start time location is determined.
- To change the video clip end time, select the red-line playhead control to adjust the current playing time to a new end time location.
- Click the Set Ending Point button after a new end time location is determined.
- Click the Preview button to preview the temporary trimmed video clip using the video player window on the page.
- Click the Trim Video button to save the trimmed video clip.
- Click the Trim Video button in the Trim Confirmation dialog box to replace the original video with the updated trimmed video clip.