Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
MEDIASPACE VERSION: 5 OR HIGHER
MyMedia metadata properties and other properties can be edited for each saved audio media. Audio type media supports the following options to be edited: details and commenting with a audio clip.
- University NetID login access to MyMedia.
- Open the MyMedia Landing HomePage from D2L or from http://mymedia.uwplatt.edu/.
- Click the My Media menu item.
- Click the Edit button to edit the image type media.
Note: The Test Audio Sample is the audio media for this example here.
- A new page is displayed to allow editing the details and comment properties.
- The Details tab is the selected tab by default to allow for the following metadata changes:
- Change the name in the Name box for the saved audio.
- Enter a description in the Description box for information about the saved audio.
- Enter tag information in the Tags box for future searching of the saved audio.
Note: Minimally tag the audio with the abbreviated department name and course number (e.g., DEL7510, BASD2610, ENGRPHYS3640) and include the media type information (e.g. audio)
Note: The Details metadata are all searchable.
- Click the Options tab to manage comments for this saved audio.
- Choose a check box to disable comments.
- Choose a check box to close discussion to not allow new comments.
- Click the Save button to save the updated metadata.
- The information was saved successfully green box should display below the MyMedia page header.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.