Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Create a New Grade Scheme
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
Grade schemes are used in Desire2Learn Gradebooks to organize and label grades. By default when a course is created, an Organizational Grade Scheme is assigned to a course. A Course Grade Scheme can be created and used instead of an Organizational Grade Scheme. Additional information on creating a grade scheme can be found at Creating grade schemes in the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following this link will direct you away from the Knowledge Base.
- Instructor Access to a Desire2Learn course.
- Log into a Desire2Learn course.
- Select a course.
- Click Grades from the main menu.
- Click Schemes from the Grade menu.
- Click the New Scheme button.
- Type a unique Name for the grade scheme.
Note: Short Name is optional. This name will appear in the gradebook. By default three ranges are listed. More ranges can be added by entering the number of additional ranges desired after the Add Ranges option below the listed Ranges and then clicking the green plus sign.
- Enter the grade ranges from lowest to highest. Type a Symbol name. The symbol name could be a letter Grade (F, D etc.) or a word or phrase (Unacceptable, Below Average, etc. or 0.0, 1.0, 2.0 etc).
- Click the dropdown and select a color to associate with this range.
- Assigned Value % is an optional field. If used, the numeric value entered will be assigned to the student if this level is achieved. If it is not used, the starting percentage value is the value assigned.
- Click Save and Close when all grade levels have been entered.
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.