Topics Map > Campus Services
Topics Map > Policies
Topics Map > Security
ITS Communication - Unplanned Outages
In the event of an unplanned campus-wide technology outage, ITS will employ the widest variety of media available to communicate necessary information and updates.
This may include, but is not limited to...
- Pioneer Portal notifications (bell) at https://portal.uwplatt.edu
- Pioneer Portal application buttons (icon appears on button > hover to reveal information)
Email from ITS Communications Coordinator, i.e. ITS Update or ITS Alert
- ITS Help Desk Facebook page
- Temporary voice mail message at the ITS Help Desk
- Rave alerts (email for all, texts for those who have not opted out)
If you notice a system is down outside the scheduled maintenance window, please refer to one of the resources above for accurate and current information. If you do not find an alert, contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com for further assistance.