Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L - Content in Desire2Learn (Faculty)
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
The Content tool is used to organize course materials. All content items are created within a module. Different modules can be created for each unit, week, or chapter, or another organizational model. The Content tool enables you to create, edit, organize, and delete modules and topics in the course.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click the Content in the navigation menu.
- At the bottom of the Table of Contents, click Add a module and type the name of the new module.
Note: The first time that Table of Contents is accessed in a new course shell, a welcome message will appear.
- Add a description for the new module (optional).
- Select Published to make module available to students or Draft to keep the information hidden until it is complete or ready to publish
- Click Add Restrictions to set a start date, end date or due date.
- To create content by typing directly into the HTML editor, choose Create a File from the New dropdown menu (otherwise skip to Step 12 to create content by uploading a file)
- Click Enter a Title and type a title for content file.
- Type content and use HTML Editor to format content.
- Choose Save as Draft to save content but not make it available to students or Publish to make content viewable to students.
- To create content by uploading a document, choose Upload Files from the New dropdown menu.
- Search My Computer to find local files or Course Offering Files to find files saved on the Desire2Learn server. Click the checkbox next to the selected file and click Done.
Note: Files may also be uploaded using the Drag and Drop file area.