D2L: Editing Properties in Place
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
Sometimes it is necessary to change the properties of a previously created file. When the properties of a file can be edited directly, the Edit Properties In-Place command appears in the context menu for that file. Additional information on Edit Properties-in-Place can be found at the Desire2Learn Online Resource Center. Following these links will direct you away from the UW-Platteville Knowledgebase website:Edit a module or topic's title in content
Adding or editing availability and due dates in content
Adding or editing release conditions in content
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- A previously created file
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click Content in the navigation bar.
- Navigate to the module or submodule that contains the file.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the file name.
- Select Edit Properties In-place.
- The properties that can be edited appear below the file name.
- Edit Dates and restrictions to make the content available on certain dates or contingent on completing another activity.
- (Optionally) enter a description for the topic.
- Set the Completion status.
Note: When setting the Completion status, there are three possibilities: Required: Automatic, Required: Manual, or Not Required status. By default, topics are set to Required: Automatic. Switching to manual would allow students to indicate when they were finished with a topic and selecting Not Required disables progress tracking for that topic
- Click Update after any changes are made.