Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Change File in Content
VERSION 10.3 OR HIGHER
Sometimes it is necessary to update a file in a Desire2Learn course. For example, it may be necessary to replace a schedule or a syllabus document after course content has been copied into a new semester or if a mistake has been found on a previously inserted document. Change File allows this to be done in one simple step by selecting a new file to replace the old one. Additionally, it is possible to notify students that a change has been made to the content.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- A replacement file on the local computer
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click Content in the navigation bar.
- Navigate to the module or submodule that contains the old file to change.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the file name.
- Select Change File.
- The replacement file can be created, uploaded, or dragged and dropped from the desktop.
- After the file is uploaded, select the checkbox to notify students that content has changed (optional).
- It is possible to change the properties of the replacement file as part of the upload process (optional).
- Click Update.