D2L: Content Restrictions and Conditions
VERSION 10.1 OR HIGHER
Content restrictions and release conditions can be set to manage how students access content in Desire2Learn. Content restrictions can be used to make content unavailable or "hidden" to students by setting date restrictions. Start dates, due dates, and end dates can be set for for content topics AND modules. Release conditions allow an item to be associated with other items in the Desire2Learn environment. Users can be required to meet some criteria, such as reading a set of lecture notes in a specific module, before they can view the current item.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course.
- Content (topics and modules) already created.
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click the Content tab in the Navigation menu.
- To change restrictions and conditions for a topic, click on the dropdown arrow next to the topic name.
- Select Edit Properties.
- Click on the pencil icon next to Add Restrictions.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the start/end/due date.
- Enter the dates and times that the item will be first visible to students (start date), no longer be visible to students (end date), and date that assignment is due (due date).
- To create a new release condition, click Create.
- Click the dropdown arrow in the Select Condition Type menu.
- Choose release condition for current topic/module.
Note: For details on various release conditions, see What is It? Content restrictions and conditions
- Click Create.
Note: When release conditions have been created, they can be applied to multiple items in Desire2Learn. Select Browse to find and set previously defined release conditions.