D2L: Preview a Quiz
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
Once a quiz had been created, it can be previewed by the instructor. This preview option provides a look at the quiz as the students will see it. In the preview mode questions can be answered, hints can be viewed, the quiz can be submitted, auto-graded answers will be displayed, feedback and report results can be viewed. For more information see Previewing quizzes in the Desire2Learn Resource Center. Clicking this link will take you away from the Knowledge Base.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Choose a course.
- Select More from the navigation bar and choose Quizzes.
- By default, Manage Quizzes should be underlined and the screen should look similar to the one below. If not, click Manage Quizzes.
- Click the context menu next to the quiz name and choose Preview
- To exit the preview at any time click the Exit Preview button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- If Bypass Restrictions is not marked, all restrictions are enforced. If Bypass Restrictions is marked, then all restrictions will be bypassed. Restrictions include conditional releases, date restrictions, the number of attempts, status of the quiz - active or inactive, and the Respondus LockDown Browser usage. Also if ByPass Restrictions is marked a red labeled Note will appear under Instructions.
- Read the instructions and to continue click the Start Quiz! button.
- Click the OK button to continue the preview or click Cancel to return to the previous screen.
- Proceed to answer quiz questions. Note: At this point, the quiz is operating as it will for students who take the quiz.
- At the bottom of the quiz, click Save All Responses to make sure all answers are saved.
- Click Go to Submit Quiz to complete the quiz.
- Click the Allow this preview attempt to be graded in the Grade Quiz area to record the preview attempt on the Grade Quiz page. Click the gray question mark next to this option for more details.
- Click the Submit Quiz button.
- Click the Yes, submit quiz button to have the quiz graded and proceed to the quiz submission view. Click the No, don't submit quiz to abort the grading and return to the Submit Quiz Screen.
- Scroll through the submission view and at the bottom of the screen click the Close button. Note: The Exit Preview button remains in the upper right corner and can be used to exit the preview.
- All attempts will be displayed. Click the Exit Preview button to complete the quiz preview and return to Manage Quizzes.