Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Desire2Learn Quiz Statistics
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
Quiz statistics is similar to Quiz Reports. Data about the quiz can be downloaded in a CSV file so that analysis can be done with other tools and outside of the Learning Management Environment. More information about Quiz Statistics can be found at Viewing Quiz Statistics in the Desire2Learn Resource. Center. Clicking on this link will take you away from the UWP Knowledgebase.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course.
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click More from the navigation bar.
- Choose Quizzes.
- There are two methods for going to Quiz Statistics. The first is to click the link called Statistics. This will display all the quizzes in the course shell. By default the quizzes are listed in order by availability.
- To change the view (list) of the quizzes to be by Category, click the dropdown arrow next to View and choose By Category. To select a quiz to view the statistics click the name of the quiz.
- A second way to view statistics is to use the context menu next to the name of the quiz when in Manage Quizzes. Click the dropdown arrow and choose Statistics.
- The View Statistics screen appears.
- There are three tabs of statistics that can be viewed about each quiz. By default, the User Stats tab is selected.
- To export User Statistics click the Export to CSV file button.
- Class Statistics displays the class average and the distribution of scores graphically.
- Scroll down to see User Statistics for this quiz.
- To view the search options, click Show Search Options. Options for what to search are First Name, Last Name and User ID.
- Use the Search For text box to locate a particular student. Type in the Search text and click the magnifier symbol at the end of the search box.
- The number of users per page can be either 20, 50, 100 or 200. Use the dropdown arrow next to the per page label at the top right side of the table of users.
- Click the second tab Question Stats to view data about the quiz questions.
- To export Question Statistics, click the Export to CSV file button.
- The Class Average is again displayed along with the number of questions there were answered.
- Scroll down to view the statistics for each question. To view the question and correct answer, click the question name on the left.
- The percentage of how often the question was answered correctly and how many times it was attempted are displayed for each question.
- Click the Question Details tab to see more data on each quiz question.
- Statistics can be restricted by Start and End dates. Type a start date and check the box and/or type and end date. Then click Search to only show responses to the questions in that date range.
- To export Question Details, click the Export to CSV file button.
Note: The Average Grade for this question is greater than 1 because one person was given five points for their answer rather than one point.