Printing - Install Networked Printers for Windows 8.1 (Ion Domain/campus computer)
This document is to help you walk through the steps of manually installing a printer on a campus Windows 8.1 workstation. This process will only work if connected to the UWPlatt wireless network or campus wired network.
- Right-click on the Start Button then click on "Control Panel".
- Click on "View devices and printers".
- Click on "Add a printer".
- Click on "The printer that I want isn't listed".
- Click the radio button next to "Select a shared printer by name" then enter the printer path as \\printzilla.ion.uwplatt.edu\PRINTERNAME where PRINTERNAME is the name of the printer. This name is the three character building abbreviation followed by room number/location of the printer. Once the desired printer is visible in the list, click on the desired printer to install and click "Next".
- You will see the installation progress.
- You will see a successfully added message. Click "Next".
- If you would like this printer to be your default printer, make sure the check box is checked and click "Finish". You can also print a test page if you would like.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.