Topics Map > Campus Services > Business Analysis and Reporting
BI - Saving Customizations
Instructions on how to apply saved customizations in BI.
You can save a customization. You can also specify whether the customization is to be the default customization for a dashboard page.
To save a customization:
- Open the dashboard in which you want to save a customization.
- Navigate to the page on which you want to save a customization.
- Make your customizations.
- Click the Page Options toolbar button on the dashboard page and select Save Current Customization.
- The "Save Current Customization dialog" is displayed.
- Enter a descriptive name for the customization.
- Specify for whom the customization is to be saved:
- To save the customization for your personal use, select Me.
- To save the customization for use by others, select Others (currently not available) and then click Set Permissions to display the "Saved Customization Permissions and Defaults dialog", where you specify the accounts that have permission to use the customization and whether the customization is to be the default customization for the accounts.
- Optionally, to assign this customization as your default customization, select Make this my default for this page.
- Click OK.
Applying Saved Customizations
To apply a saved customization:
- Open the dashboard in which you want to apply a saved customization.
- Navigate to the page that contains the customization to apply.
- Click the Page Options toolbar button and select Apply Saved Customization.
- Your personal saved customizations, if any, are shown at the beginning of the list. Shared saved customizations are listed next. Your current default customization is shown in bold type.
- Click a saved customization in the list to apply it to the dashboard page.
Editing Saved Customizations
To edit saved customizations:
- Open the dashboard in which you want to edit a customization.
- Navigate to the page that contains the customization to edit.
- Click the Page Options toolbar button on the dashboard page and select Edit Saved Customizations.
- The "Edit Saved Customizations Dialog" is displayed.
- Rename customizations, change which customization to use as your default, change permissions for those customizations that have been shared with others, and delete customizations, as appropriate.
- Click OK.
Clearing Your Current Customization
To clear your current customization:
- Click the Page Options toolbar button on the dashboard page and select Clear My Customization.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.