D2L: Using Drag and Drop
VERSION: 10.1 AND HIGHER
The Drag and Drop feature in Desire2Learn enables files to be dragged and dropped into a specific content areas and automatically create content topics. Files can be dragged from the computer, modules within Desire2Learn, and topics within content.
- Not all web browsers support this feature.
- Recommended filetypes for Drag and Drop: *.rtf, *.doc, *.docx, *.pdf
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course.
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click the Content tab.
- Locate the document to add to the course.
- Navigate to the module where content is to be added.
- Using the left mouse button, click on the document and hold it down to grab the document.
- Continue to hold down the left mouse button and drag the file from a folder or the desktop over to the drag and drop files box which will turn green when the file is ready to be dropped.
- When the document is hovering over the box, release the mouse button to place it.
- Desire2Learn will download the document and a new topic will be added, with the document’s filename as the title.
- To change the title, click the new topic’s drop-down menu and select Edit Properties.
- Click on the title to edit or rename it.
- Click Enter to save changes.
Note: Multiple documents can be added to the same module using Drag and Drop. To grab multiple files hold down the Ctrl button and click on the documents on a PC or hold down the Command button and click on the documents on a Macintosh. Drag and drop the documents to the drag and drop box. Then move the documents to their proper location (or module) once the documents are copied over.