Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
VERSION: 10.3 AND HIGHER
Discussions forums are collaborative areas to post, read and reply to threads on different topics. It is possible to receive immediate notifications when new posts are made to a discussion. In order to do this, a user must subscribe to a forum, topic or thread.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course
- Discussion forums, topics and/or threads
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Click the Notifications from the personal menu on the minibar.
- It is possible to change the email address that alerts are sent to. Note that a contact method must be in place before subscribing to notifications.
- To receive an email summary of activity, select Daily under How often?; otherwise, the default is Never.
- If a summary is requested, choose a time that the summary should be sent.
- Select the option Discussions - new post in a forum, topic, or thread that I subscribed to in instant notifications.
- Click Save.
Note: In order to set up notifications, a user must subscribe to a forum, topic or thread