D2L: Subscribing and Unsubscribing to Discussions
VERSION: 10.3 AND HIGHER
Discussions forums are collaborative areas to post, read and reply to threads on different topics. A user may want to receive notification that there has been activity in a discussion forum, topic or thread. It is possible to receive email, Desire2Learn minibar or SMS notifications for subscribed threads.
Note: To receive notice of activity in subscribed forums, topics or threads, it is important that Notifications settings are properly set.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn Course with discussion forums, topics and/or threads already created
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click on More in the Navigation menu.
- Click Discussions.
- To subscribe to an entire forum or topic, click the dropdown arrow next to the forum or topic name and select Subscribe.
- To subscribe to a specific thread, click the dropdown arrow next to the forum or topic name and select View Topic.
- To subscribe to a specific thread, click Subscribe in the Thread view.