D2L: Associating Rubrics with Discussions
VERSION: 10.3 AND HIGHER
A rubric that is created in Desire2Learn can be associated with a dropbox, quiz, discussion topic and grade item.
Note: Once associations are set, it is not possible to edit a rubric. If a rubric needs to be changed, it must be dissociated from every activity (including grade items) before editing is possible.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn course.
- At least one rubric has been created in the Desire2Learn Rubrics tool.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click the More tab on the Navigation Bar.
- Choose Discussions.
- To create a new Discussion Forum or Topic click the New button and choose Forum or Topic.
Note: To add a rubric to an existing discussion, see step 8.
- Fill in the required information under the Properties tab.
- Click Save.
- Select the Assessment tab.
- To associate one or more rubrics to this discussion, click the Add Rubric button.
- Place a check next to the rubric(s) to be associated with this discussion.
- Click the Add Selected button.
Note: Once a rubric is associated with a discussion and used, it cannot be removed. If no items have been graded it can be removed.
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.