Topics Map > Security
Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Security - Example: Phishing Attempt 03.09.16
How can I tell this message is not legitimate?
Examples of ways to identify a phishing attempt
|General greeting, no punctuation
Grammatical error, missing word
Grammatical errors, missing words
Missing punctuation; hovering cursor over link shows non-Microsoft URL
NOT the proper name of the ITS Help Desk
NOT signed by an ITS staff member
| Dear User
Your email has encountered error on our internal server.
We urge you resolve this as soon as possible to avoid email account suspension.
Click here to resolve now
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Tips - Avoiding the Phishing Net
- Office 365 - Obtaining Message Headers to Report Phishing (OWA)
- Office 365 - Obtain Message Headers to Report Phishing - Plain Text
- Office 365 - Obtain Message Source to Report Phishing - HTML
- Security - Example: Phishing Attempt Sept 24, 2014
- Security - Example: Phishing Attempt Sept 27, 2014