Topics Map > Campus Services > Multimedia
MyMedia(Kaltura): Using CaptureSpace Lite Recording Tool
A guide on how to use the CaptureSpace Lite tool inside of MyMedia(Kaltura).
Using CaptureSpace Lite Recording Tool
1. Start by opening up an internet browser and going to https://mymedia.uwplatt.edu. You will be asked to login using your Campus Username and Password. Once you sign in, you will be directed to the MyMedia page.
2. Once you are at the MyMedia Home Page, click on the drop down button labeled “Add New” located in the top right corner of the page. Click on “CaptureSpace Lite”.
3. If you haven’t already downloaded CaptureSpace Lite, it will prompt you to do so. If you already have CaptureSpace Lite downloaded you can skip to step 5. To download CaptureSpace Lite, select the “Download for Windows”, or “Download for Mac”, selecting whichever pertains to your computer.
4. Once you have selected Windows or Mac, you will need to follow the prompts to finish installing CaptureSpace Lite. When the next window pops up asking you to run Kaltura select “OK”. At this point you will have to scroll back up to the top and click on “Add New” and select “CaptureSpace Lite”.
5. Once CaptureSpace Lite has finished downloading, a window will appear in the bottom right corner of your screen. This is the CaptureSpace Lite application. From this window you can select from 4 options for recording. Your options are Screen, Screen and Webcam, Webcam, and Voice.
a. Screen allows you to record just your screen and audio from the default microphone in your computer.
b. Screen and Webcam allows you to record your screen, audio from the default microphone, and your webcam.
c. Webcam will allow you to record just the webcam in your computer and audio from the default microphone.
d. Voice allows you to record just your audio from the default microphone.
8. When you select "Screen" or "Screen & Webcam", you will be asked to select an area to capture. You may either select “Full Screen” or “Select Area”. "Full Screen" will capture the entire screen, while "Select Area" will allow you to select a specific area to capture. If you have more than one monitor, you will have to select which screen you want to record.
9. If you select "Screen" or "Screen & Webcam", you will have to select record at the bottom of the Screen capture window to start the recording. All other options will start recording 5 seconds after you select them.
10. Once you start the rerecording you will see a window in the bottom right corner of your screen. This window will allow you to draw on the screen, pause/resume while recording, finish the recording by selecting “Done”, or cancel the recording.
11. Once you select “Done”, you will be directed to a new screen where you can watch the recording to check for any errors there may have been. You will be able to pause and play the recording. Once you are finished reviewing the Recording you can select “Done” or “Cancel” in the bottom right corner.
12. Selecting “Done” or “Cancel” will bring up a saving window. Here you can name the recording and either save the recording or upload the recording. Uploading the recording will put it in your MyMedia catalog. Saving the recording will keep it in the Kaltura Library on your local computer, but you can always upload a recording later if you save the recording by accessing the Library tab on the top of the Kaltura Recording window.
13. You can access your uploaded content by clicking on the "MyMedia" tab located at the top of the MyMedia homepage.
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.