Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Office 365 (Outlook on the web) - View and modify members of a distribution list
As an owner of a distribution list, you can modify membership using a web browser. These instructions apply to distribution lists in the global address book, to lists that have their own @uwplatt.edu email address; not contact groups in your own address book. In the Office 365 web application, the tools to modify distribution group membership are found within the Outlook mail app settings. This document walks you through navigating to the Distribution Groups area, viewing distribution group membership, and adding and removing members. Please note: If a distribution list has been hidden from the global address book, you will not be able to view membership of the list.
To view members of a list
1. Sign into Office 365 using a web browser.
3. On the Outlook ribbon, click on the Settings wheel button. From the drop-down list, click on View all Outlook settings.
4. In the left navigation pane of the Settings page, click to expand the General menu.
5. From the General list, select Distribution Groups.
6. In the Distribution groups I own section, select the distribution group you want to modify from the list and click the pencil icon. Please note, if the distribution list that you want to modify is not listed, you may not be the list owner or the list may be hidden. Please contact the ITS Help Desk for further assistance.
To add members to a distribution list that you own1. After following the instructions above to view group membership, click on the '+' (plus) button. A new window will open with the Office 365 People directory.
To remove members from a distribution list that you own1. After following the instructions above to view group membership, click on the group member you want to remove from the list.
2. Click the - (minus) button.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.