Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Create a Grade Item (Type: Formula)
VERSION: 10.3 AND HIGHER
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Login to D2L: https://www.uwplatt.edu/desire2learn.
- Search for and select the desired course.
- On the navigation bar, click Grade.
- Click on Manage Grades.
- Click the New dropdown box, and then select Item.
- On the next screen, click on Formula.
- In the General section of the New Item screen, complete the following steps:
- Create a Name that associates the item with a specific activity, such as an Exam1, Discussion1, or Dropbox1.
- Enter a short version of the name, or an abbreviation, in the Short Name field to display in the grade book.
- In the Grading area, enter the Maximum Points for the grade item. Then, do any of the following:
- To define the formula for your grade item, click the Edit Using the Formula Editor link. In the Formula Editor window, enter your formula and click Insert. For information on creating formulas, click here.
- Select Can Exceed if you want to allow grades to exceed the maximum point value.
- From the Grade Scheme drop-down list, select a grading scheme for your grade item.
- To attach a rubric to the grade item, click Add Rubric.
- In the Display Options area, select how you want the Student View and Managing View for the grade item to appear.
- To associate a learning objective with the grade item, click the Objectives tab; and then Associate Learning Objectives.
- Click Save and Close.
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.