D2L: Associating a Grade Item to an Existing Dropbox
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
When creating a dropbox, users can add a new grade item and link to it to the dropbox during creation; or a new grade item can be created in an existing dropbox using the instructions shown below.
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn course
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Select a course.
- Click Dropbox on the navigation bar.
- Click the drop-down arrow next to the dropbox you would like to associate to a grade item, and select Edit Folder.
- In the Grade Item field, click the down-arrow and select the proper grade item to associate to the folder. If it does not exist, click New Grade Item, and follow the instructions shown below:
- Enter the Name of the new Grade Item.
- Enter the Short Name of the new Grade Item, which will be displayed in the grade book (Optional).
- Use the drop-down list to select a Grade Category for the grade item.
- Enter the Maximum Points for the grade item.
- If the grade item can exceed the number of points, check Can Exceed. (Optional)
- If the grade item is used for bonus points, check Bonus. (Optional)
- Check Exclude from Final Grade Calculation if the grade item is not to be included.
- Use the drop-down list to select a grade scheme to apply to the grade item. Note: the default grade scheme will be used if nothing is selected.
- To add a rubric to this grade item, click the Add Rubric button. To create a rubric for the grade item, click Create Rubric in New Window.
- Scroll down to view the Restrictions options. The Grade Item is always visible option is selected by default. However, you can choose to Hide this grade item, or you can select Grade item is visible for a specific date range and set a date/time for the grade to be made visible.
- Click Save to create the grade item, and then it can be selected as the grade item to associate with the quiz.
- Review the other options on the Assessment tab, to see if other changes are needed. Click Save and Close to complete the task.
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.