Office 365 - Managing Forwarding Settings in Outlook Web App (OWA)
Instructions for adding, changing, and removing forwards of your Office 365 email account through the Outlook Web App (OWA)
NOTE: Setting up a forward through the Outlook Web App (online version) is the recommend method. It is not possible to set up a direct forward using Outlook desktop client. While writing a rule in Outlook is possible, it is not the recommended method.
2. Click on Settings (gear) icon in the upper-right hand corner. A side bar will appear on the right.
3. Under Your App Settings, select Mail
. An Options panel will appear on the left.
4. Under Mail, scroll to Accounts and select Forwarding. See below for reference.
6. Manage your forwards in the screen displayed:
- To start a forward, select Start forwarding and enter the destination address you are forwarding TO.
- If desired, check "Keep a copy of forwarded messages" to retain a copy in your uwplatt account. This is strongly recommended.
- To change a forward already in place, simply change the address or check/uncheck the copy box.
- To remove a forward, select Stop forwarding.
7. Click SAVE at the top of the page.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.