Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Insert Stuff
VERSION 10.3 AND HIGHER
- Instructor access to a Desire2Learn course
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Navigate to any course.
- Click Content on the navigation bar.
- Edit a current file or create a new html file. You should now see D2L's HTML Editor.
- Select the "Insert Stuff" button.
- Select one of the various ways to "Insert Stuff" into the course.
- "My Computer" (chosen by default)
- Select this to browse your file explorer and select files to insert in that way.
- You can also choose where the files will be saved in the course using the "Choose Destination" button.
- Course Offering Files
- Use this to insert files that are already found in the course's "Manage Files" area.
- Select the radio button next to the file you want to import.
- Select "Next" and then "Insert" at the bottom of the page.
- Shared Files
- This will take you to your D2L profile's shared directory.
- If you use D2L's built-in portfolio, you can select files from there using this option by selecting the radio button next to the desired item.
- My Media
- This is used to import videos from your "My Media" section of D2L.
- Select a video, and then click on "Next" at the bottom of the screen.
- Select "Insert". The video is now embedded into the course.
- Perform a YouTube search here.
- Once you select a video, click on the "Next" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now, click "Insert". It will then be automatically embedded into the course.
- If you want to upload photos from a Flickr account, perform a search for the desired photo.
- Select "Next" and then "Insert" at the bottom of the page to insert the picture into your course.
- Insert Link
- Provide the URL where you want the link to go, and then select "Next".
- Now, provide what you want the hyperlinked text to say on the page.
- Enter Embed Code
- If you have copied an embed code from a site, paste it here and select "Next".
- Select "Insert" to embed the content onto the page.
- Films on Demand
- Search for a film by keyword using the search bar.
- Use the "Preview" button to ensure that you are going to insert the video that you want.
- When you have found the video you want, select "Embed" and then "Insert".
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.