Topics Map > Campus Services > D2L - Desire2Learn
D2L: Submission Views
By default, students will be able to see auto-graded scores immediately, but they will not be able to view questions or statistics. Submission views allow you to offer different ways for a student to see their quiz results after completing it. These views can enable a student to see answers to a quiz indefinitely, for a period of time, or not at all. This document will guide instructors through the process of setting up submission views.
- Instructor access or higher
- Desire2Learn Course
- Log into Desire2Learn.
- Navigate to the "Quizzes" section.
- Click the dropdown arrow on an existing quiz, then click "edit".
- Click the "Submission Views" tab at the top under the quiz name.
- Click on Default View if you would like to change it, then skip to Step 7. Otherwise, click Add Additional View.
- Create a meaningful name to describe the purpose of your view.
- Create or edit the message to your students, so it is meaningful. (If you are editing the default view, you should now skip to Step 11.)
- Under View Restrictions, select a date when the view will start. The default setting is the current date and time, but you may want to set the view to only be available after the quiz is closed.
- If you would like to apply the same IP Address restrictions to the submission view that were set for quiz participation, check the (IP Restriction (IPv4) option.
- Check the box next to Limit the amount of time (in minutes) for which this view is available after the quiz is submitted to set a limited amount of time for the view to be available. Once you do so, a box will appear for you to enter a number of minutes for the view to be available.
- Click No to hide questions in the submission view. Otherwise, click Yes to Show Questions, and the following options will become available:
Caution: Allowing students to view questions with the answers indefinitely is not recommended. To allow students to view them for a short period of time after submitting their test leave the default view as it is, and click Add Additional View.
- Select one of the following:
- Show questions answered incorrectly
- Show questions answered correctly
- Show all questions without user responses
- Show all questions with user responses
- Show question answers
- Show question score and out of score
Note: If you choose to show the questions, it is highly recommended you limit the amount of time the view is available (See Step 10).