Topics Map > Wireless
Topics Map > Wired
Network - Residence Hall Network Access
Connecting to the network in the residence halls through wired or wireless connections.
For wired connections, click here. Wired connections may include routers, laptops, desktops, gaming consoles, Rokus, AppleTVs, Chromecasts, etc.
For wireless connections, click here. Wireless connections may include laptops, smartphones, etc.
Overview of our current network (January 2017):
- Currently, we have 860 wireless access points in all academic and residence halls.
- Wireless coverage is now available outside academic buildings. Outside wireless coverage will continue to expand.
- Our campus bandwidth is currently 10 GBps to support all residents, staff, faculty, classrooms, etc and we provide Gigabit speeds on a supply vs. demand basis in the residence halls to provide faster connections for students.
- All residence halls now have full wireless coverage.
Current Projects in the future (January 2016):
- Replacement of all 3610 AP models (350 remaining).
- Southwest Hall wireless coverage improvement.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.