Perceptive Content - Setting Up Advanced Search
Setting up an Advanced Search within Perceptive Content
1. Log into Perceptive Content, and click on the Documents button on the ImageNow Toolbar.
2. Select which drawer on the left side you would like to search.
3. With your drawer selected, look above where the documents are listed and you should see two tabs: “Quick Search” and “Search”. To perform an advanced search select the “Search” tab.
4. Once the tab is selected, a new area to enter search criteria will appear. Click the green plus button located below the search tab.
5. A new box will appear that will let you add specific conditions for ImageNow to look for when searching for documents. You can search by Date, User, Document type, Document Property, Status, or set your own Custom Property.
6. The “Type” field will always stay set to “Normal”. For this exercise, I will set up a condition for ImageNow to look for documents that were created between December 1st through December 3rd. To do this, I will select the following options:
- Constrain by: - Date
- Type – Normal
- Field – Created
- Operator – is between
- Value – 12/01/2014
- And – 12/03/2014
Click “Ok” at the bottom of the screen.
7. Upon clicking “OK”, the condition you just made was put into the white space below the search tab. You can make as many conditions as you like to narrow down a search result. Once you have all of your conditions set click “Go” on the right side. This will run your search.If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.
8. If this is a search that you will perform again in the future, you can save it as a filter so you don’t need to set it up again. Click the “Save Filter” button on the toolbar above your search options.
9. Another box will appear. Give the filter a name and a description if you would like, then click “ok”.
10. The filter will now appear under the Drawer that you created it in. In the future, if you would like to run this search again, click on the filter.