Perceptive Content - Signing Purchase Requests (WebNow)
1. When you need to sign a document, you will be sent an email with a link to WebNow attached to it. Double click the link to open the document that needs attention.
Signing purchase requests through WebNow.
NOTE: If you do not have the latest version of Java installed, your computer will prompt you to install the latest version. A few other windows may appear, click “Run” or “Ok” on these windows.
2. Once the log in page appears, log into WebNow with your campus credentials. (If you double clicked on the link in the email, then the document needing your attention should appear. If this happens, skip to step 6). If not, then the following page should appear:
3. To access the queue/document needing attention, click on the “Workflow” dropdown.
4. Scroll down to “H_Purch_Purchase_Requests” and then find the sub queue that your document is located in. (If you’re unsure where your document is located, you should find the exact workflow and queue in email you received).
5. Upon selecting your queue, you will see the document listed as such. Double click the document to view it.
6. When the document appears, the window will appear as below.
7. In the menu above, go to “View”, and then click on “Thumbnails”. You will typically be signing the very first page of the purchase request. Enabling Thumbnails allows you to see a menu below the document that shows all the different pages of the request
8. On the top toolbars you will see a blue capital “T”, right click on this to access your signature. A menu will drop down, and you will look for “My Signature”. Once located, left click on your signature. This will turn your cursor into a blue “T”. You can now click anywhere on the document to add your signature. (If you do not see “Sig – Your Name” in the following drop down, please call the ITS Help Desk at 608-342-1400 or email them at email@example.com and a signature will be made for you.)
9. Once you place your signature on the bottom right corner of the document, you can still move the text into the correct position in case you didn’t get it right where you wanted. REMEMBER: No one can move, delete, nor duplicate your signature. It is YOUR own signature!
10. Once you have placed your signature, you will need to route it forward to the next queue. To do this, go to “View”, and then select “Actions”. Selecting this will show the “Actions Pane” on the left side of the window. If the Actions Pane was already showing and it disappeared, simply go back to “View” and select “Actions” again.
11. Now that the Actions Pane is showing, click “Route Forward”. If you only have one queue to route to the document will close and be removed from your queue. If you have access to route the document to a selection of queues, a window will open asking which queue you would like it to route to. Simply select the queue and click “OK” at the bottom of the window.
This completes the process of signing contracts and moving it along your workflow.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.