Wireless - Connect to UWPlatt wireless on Windows 10
How to connect to the campus UWPlatt wireless network from a Windows 10 Operating System.
1. Click on the wireless connection icon in the bottom right corner of the Windows 10 System Tray. This will show a list of available networks
Note: If you are not able to see available networks, please ensure that WiFi is enabled on your device.
2. Select UWPlatt and click Connect.
Note: Only those who do not have UW-Platteville accounts should use the UWGuest network.
If you see the message below after clicking Connect, then you will have to forget the network before reconnecting to it.
The steps that are need for this can be found at [Link for document 79834 is unavailable at this time.] .
If you do not see the message below, then please continue to step #3.
3. UWPlatt is an encrypted network, therefore Windows 10 will ask if you would like to view the certificate information and if you expect to find this connection in your location, as shown below. Select Connect to continue.
4. UWPlatt is a secured network for those with UW-Platteville accounts, therefore a username and password is required to connect.
check the "Use my Windows user account" checkbox. enter your UW-Platteville username and password, click OK
5. You may be asked "Continue connecting?". Select Connect
to continue. If your UW-Platteville NetID and password were entered correctly, you will see that the wording under "UWPlatt" has changed to "Connected, secured". This means you have successfully connected to the UWPlatt wireless network.
NOTE: If you do not see "Connected, secured", or if you are still not able to connect to the internet, please verify that your UW-Platteville NetID and password were input correctly. If they were entered correctly, and you are still unable to connect to the network, please contact the ITS Help Desk using the information listed below.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.