Topics Map > Security
Topics Map > Campus Services > Telecommunications
Unified Communications - Setting up your Voicemail
1. Press the Messages button with the cassette tape icon (the button above the Settings and Contacts buttons, which have a gear and book icon respectively).
Instructions for setting a PIN, recorded name, and voicemail greeting on your CISCO phone
2. Use the keypad to enter the initial PIN: 7383.
3. You will be prompted to record your name, which will identify you to callers who reach your voicemail and to those you call and leave a voicemail for. If you do not want to have a recorded name, press Pound on the keypad to skip this. Otherwise, after the tone, state your first and last name. When you are finished, press Pound.
4. To keep the default voicemail greeting, press Pound. If you would like to record a different voicemail greeting, press 1. Once you are finished, press Pound.
5. Change your voicemail PIN by entering a new one using the keypad. This PIN should be easy for you to remember, but difficult for others to guess. When you are finished, press Pound, then re-enter the PIN you just created to confirm it. Press Pound to finish.
6. Press Star on the keypad to exit the Voicemail Wizard. You are finished! You may end the call.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.