Topics Map > Policies
Topics Map > Technology Purchasing > Hardware
Purchasing - Computer buy approval process
Effective November 14, 2016, the following approval process is in place for the bi-annual department computer buys. NOTE: The dates listed are for the Spring 2017 buy.
- ITS Support Liaisons will work with departments to determine computer/accessory needs and create order.
- Departments will provide an account number for the purchase of computers and accessories; providing this account number will serve as official approval for chargeback. This process is similar to the one used for HP Managed Print Services where no additional paperwork is required after initial approval is received. This is a change from years past where a signature was required after the computer order was submitted.
- Liaisons will enter the order by end of day, Friday, Apr. 7 and provide departments with either an email or Footprints ticket itemized receipt.
- The order will be submitted the week of April 10.
- ITS will charge back departments for the items ordered.
- Items should arrive and be delivered to departments in May 2017.
If you have questions regarding the computer buy approval process, please contact Tonya Stappert at email@example.com.