PASS - How to Use Schedule Builder -- detailed version (student) (9.2)
Schedule Builder is a tool accessible within PASS which allows students and/or advisers to create a schedule of classes for a specific term. With Schedule Builder, students may factor in obligations such as work or practice and generate various schedules from which to choose.
2. On the PASS Student Homepage, select the Student Center tile.
3. Click the Schedule Builder link.
4. Click Click Here to launch the Schedule Builder. Schedule Builder will open in a new tab. Do not close the PASS tab.
Note: You may need to allow pop-ups for Schedule Builder to work. If pop-ups are not enabled, a message will appear in your browser window. Follow the instructions to "allow pop-ups."
5. If more than one term available, select the appropriate term.
6. Most courses are "In Person", but if you are looking to add an Internship or Independent Study, be sure to add that Instruction Mode.
Note: For additional assistance with Schedule Builder, click Help Videos in the upper right.
There are five ways to find desired courses:
a. Search by Subject & Course: Click on the By Subject tab, select a Subject, select a course, click Add Course.
b. Search by Course Attribute: Select a General Education Attribute, Subject and Course. Click Add Course.
c. Search by Course Number: Choose a filter, then a course number. Click Search to see a list of courses that meet that criteria, then Add Course.
d. My Planner: Select course(s) from My Planner Courses, click Add Course.
e. Review the right side of the Add Course Page to see the courses just added, your current schedule and what's in your shopping cart. Courses can be deleted from this list with the X on the right.
f. After adding all of the courses, click Back to return to your Schedule Builder homepage.
8. To block off time in which you cannot attend class (i.e. for work or practice), click Add Break.
Give the break a name, select start/end times, select days, and click Add Break.
Repeat this process as necessary.
9. When courses are chosen and breaks are entered, you are ready to Generate Schedules. A list of possible schedules will appear.
10. To view an individual schedule, click View to open in full view or hover your cursor over the magnifying glass to see a pop-up.
To compare multiple schedules simultaneously, select the checkbox of up to four (4) schedules, and click Compare.
11. When you find a schedule that works, click View click Send Schedule to Shopping Cart to begin registration. Close the Schedule Builder tab.
12. In PASS, click on Course Enrollment.
13. If applicable, select the appropriate term and click Continue.
14. Click either import cart link.
15. Confirm courses before adding to your cart.
16. Then Finish Enrolling.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.