PASS CX - Managing Guest User Access
Students may grant a third party (for example, a parent, spouse, or employer) access to certain features within PASS Campus Experience. These instructions document the process to add a guest.
Add a Guest
2. Select Manage Guests from the left navigation menu.
3. Click on the Add Guest User button in the upper right corner.
4. Read the Terms and Conditions.
5. Check the box to agree to the terms, and click on the Accept button. If you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, you also have the option to decline to add a guest at this time.
6. Enter the name and email address of your guest. Instructions for activating their account will be emailed to your guest using the information provided.
7. To provide access to all of your information, check the SELECT ALL checkbox.
8. Alternately, you may check individual boxes to limit the guest's access to only the topics you specify. If you do not see a topic listed, that information is not available for guests to view.
9. Click on the Save button.
After you have added a guest, they will be listed on the Manage Guests page. You may edit or remove their access at any time by clicking on the Edit Permissions button.
Students will receive a confirmation email when access is granted, changed, or revoked.
Guests will receive a notification email when access is added, changed, or revoked.
NOTE: Guests will initially receive two emails--one with their username and a second email containing a link to access a temporary password. The guest MUST clear their cache, use a different browser, or use a different computer than the student when clicking on the password retrieval link or they may encounter the following error:
Resend Email Notifications (Resetting Password)
If your guest forgets their password, does not receive it, or finds it is not working, you can resend a new password at anytime.
To send your guest a new password:
1. Find their name on the Manage Guests page.
2. Click on the 3-DOT icon that is next to the "Edit Permissions" button and select Send new password.
3. Select the Confirm button to generate new emails to your guest--the first will contain their username and the second will contain a link to access their new password.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.