PASS - Submitting Final Grades (9.2)
Instructions for faculty and staff on how to submit grades into PASS.
IMPORTANT: You have the option to sync your Canvas gradebook to PASS. Before running the sync process in Canvas, confirm that you have an open Final Grade roster type by following these instructions up to step #7. Then follow the Canvas Grade Passback instructions found at https://go.uwplatt.edu/grade-passback. After you successfully sync Canvas grades with PASS grades, continue with these instructions starting at #8 to save at Ready for Review.
1. Log into PASS
2. From the PASS Faculty/Advisor Homepage, select the Faculty Center tile.
3. Click on My Schedule.
4. Confirm the appropriate term is selected. If not, click Change Term.
5. Select the correct term
and click Continue
6. Select the grade roster icon to the left of the class information.
7. Make sure to select Final Grade and not Mid-Term Grade in the grade roster type drop down.
IMPORTANT: As of Fall 2020, you will be able to sync your Canvas gradebook to PASS. Before running the sync process in Canvas, confirm that you have an open Final Grade roster type by following these instructions up to step #7. Then follow the Canvas Grade Passback instructions found at https://go.uwplatt.edu/grade-passback.
After you successfully sync Canvas grades with PASS grades, continue with these instructions starting at #8 to save at Ready for Review.
8. Make sure you grade all students. If the student earned an F due to non-attendance, change the grade to an X in PASS*.
a grade of 'X' if a student has failed a course due to non-attendance (i.e.
stopped attending but did not withdraw). With alternate delivery, you can use your own judgement of
non-attendance. If you held Zoom meeting and the student did not
participate, that could be one indicator. If the student simply had no
further communications with you and did not submit any assignments, that is
As of Spring 2017, grade rosters default to open at "View All". This may be confirmed by checking the top-right of the roster to see the number before and after the "of" are the same, and the arrows are grayed out. If not, be sure to click View All, if applicable (20+ student rosters only).
9. Save often at the status of "Not Reviewed" while entering grades so you don’t lose anything if you get interrupted, and saving at this status will not lock your roster. Once you are finished grading click save
, switch the approval status to "Ready for Review"
and click save
again. As of Spring 2017, the following error message will appear for Final Grade Rosters, when there is one blank grade (for enrolled students only, not dropped):
10. All enrolled students must have a grade before the grade roster can be posted. Change the approval status back to Not Reviewed
, enter the grade
, and switch back to Ready for Review
11. If you have changes to make after you change the approval status to Ready for Review
, but before grades are officially due,
contact the Registrar's Office to switch the status back to Not Reviewed or submit a change of grade form.
After submitting grades students will not see them in PASS until the Registrar's Office post grades for students.
PASS grading questions? Please contact the Office of the Registrar at 608.342.1321 or email@example.com.
Canvas grade passback questions? Please contact the Teaching and Technology Center at firstname.lastname@example.org