D2L: Send BCC Email to Class
Use BCC to send an email to your entire class, a group, or selected individuals while keeping email addresses confidential.
STEPS TO FOLLOW:
- Choose a course and select Classlist.
- Select the Instructor(s) tab, then select the box next to the instructor's name and click Email..
- After the email window pops up (check pop-up blockers if this doesn't happen), click on Address Book.
- Check the Filter By option to see filtering options. If you have consolidated courses, you can filter by sections or groups.
- Make sure you are viewing all of the students (choose 200 per page to ensure this), otherwise you may have to select students from multiple pages.
- Click the checkbox at the top of the student list to select all students, or click the checkbox next to each of the students you want to send an email to. Click Bcc, and then click Add Recipients.
- Now you should see all of the recipients listed in the Bcc field. Compose your email in the Body field and then click Send.
If you have questions, please contact the DLC Help Desk at 608.342.1303, or 877.854.3083. You can also visit the DLC Help Desk's web page for information on hours of availability.