Accessing the turnitin.com website
UW-Platteville faculty, staff and students have direct access to features at turnitin.com. GradeMark and Originality Checker are integrated into D2L; however, the PeerMark tool can only be accessed at the website. This article provides instructions for obtaining login credentials and password for turnitin.com.
To obtain a password to use the TurnItIn.com site:
- Verify that you have enabled Turnitin one at least one dropbox in D2L or submitted a document to a Turnitin-enabled dropbox [this lets Turnitin.com know who you are].
- In a web browser, navigate to http://turnitin.com/
- In the top right corner, select the Login button
- When the login screen appears, type in your UW-Platteville email address, then choose Forgot your password, click here.
- To reset your password, you will be asked to enter your UW-Platteville email address and Last/Family name.
- An email will be sent to your UW-Platteville account that allows you to change (or first create) the password.
- You will now be able to login to turnitin.com using your UW-Platteville email address and this newly created password.