Creating a blank Canvas Master course
Faculty and staff can create additional blank courses templates in their Master Course Area. These courses can be created directly in Canvas through the Canvas Help menu.
You can create as many Master Courses in Canvas as you would like. These courses are managed by the faculty/instructor creating the courses. They are used to develop courses prior to instructional sessions when the Master course is copied into the Canvas instruction courses.
To create a blank Master Course
- Access your Canvas Dashboard
- Click on the Help Button
- Select Create a Master Course
- Type a name that includes the words Master and some course identifier (to allow for easy searching)
- The course code is arbitrary - possibilities include "Intro to Chem" or MATH 3430 (choose something meaningful to you
- Select your Department from the Dropdown menu
- Click Create Course