Storage - Restoring Files Deleted from a Network Drive
Restore files that have been deleted from a network drive on a Windows campus computer.
1. Open Windows File Explorer by selecting the manila folder pinned to the Taskbar at the bottom of your screen or by searching File Explorer
2. Navigate to the folder or drive the deleted file was originally in
3. Right-click on the folder/drive
4. Select "Restore previous versions". A pop-up showing the dates the folder/drive was modified will appear.
5. Select the date and time you would like to restore your files to. It is suggested that you select the version directly before the delete was made. Then click the "Restore" button on the lower right of the screen.
6. A window will open explaining that restoring the folder will replace the current version of that folder. If you still wish to restore, click "Restore" again. The folder will begin restoring; when it is done, the file you are looking for will now appear in its original location.
This process is only for Windows computers; Mac users will have to perform these steps on a Windows computer on campus. Another option is to fill out a Restore from Backup Request Form and the Help Desk will restore it for you. The form is found at this link: https://www.uwplatt.edu/its/restore-backup-request
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.