Topics Map > Campus Services > Multimedia
Topics Map > Campus Services > Canvas
Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
MyMedia in Canvas - Recording the screen
This guide will inform users on how to do a recording using Kaltura MyMedia inside of Canvas
1. Log into your Canvas account.
2. Once you have selected a course that you have added MyMedia to, click on MyMedia.
3. Click on the Add New button and select Kaltura Capture.
4. You will be prompted to open Kaltura Capture if you have already installed it, otherwise you will need to click on the appropriate download link and install the software
5. Open Kaltura Capture
A. You can select your desired screen using the Monitor icon on the left.
B. You can select your desired web cam using the Camera icon in the middle.
C. You can select your desired microphone using the Microphone icon on the right.
6. Once you are ready, click on the red Record button. A countdown will appear and then the recording will begin. You will see a counter in the bottom right corner indicating that you are recording.
7. After you are finished recording, click on the Stop button. It will ask you to confirm you are done recording. If you are done, press Yes, Stop it.
8. You will be prompted with a window where you can now name your video, give it a description and any tags that you want it to have. Once you are done, click on Save and Upload.
9. Your video will begin uploading. Once it is done, it will be available to you in your MyMedia tab inside of Canvas.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.