Canvas - Captioning Videos
Instructions on captioning videos in Canvas.
This guide is meant to show users how to caption videos that do not have captioning already embedded in them.
1. Log into your Canvas account.
2. From your homepage in Canvas, click on the Account icon in the Navigation Bar.
3. Then, select "My Media."
4. Click on the name of the desired video.
5. From the "Actions" menu, select "Order Captions."
6. Select the desired language and hit "Order Captions."
7. A window should pop-up, hit "OK."
8. To view the progress of the video go to the "Actions" menu and select "Caption Requests."
Note: Continue to refresh the page until status changes to "Complete."
9. Once the status has changed, select "Edit" to edit the captioned video.
10. To edit the wording of the video, use the beige box in the middle of the screen.
11. To edit the timing of the sentences, use the "Start Time" and "End Time" boxes above and below the beige box.
12. When you are done working with the video, hit "Save."
13. To apply the changes to the video, select "Approve."
14. A window should pop up acknowledging the progress has been saved, then close out of the editing tab.
If you have questions, please contact the TTC at 608.342.1798 or firstname.lastname@example.org