Canvas: Outcomes - Adding General Education and Program-level Outcomes
Instructions on how to add General Ed and Program-level Outcomes to a course in Canvas
Adding General Education Outcomes
1. From your course navigation bar, click "Outcomes."
2. Then, click "Find."
3. Next click, "Account Standards."
4. Select "UW Platteville - Instructional Top Level." Hint: Run the mouse over the folder name to see the entire label. Warning: There are two similarly named folders.
5. Select the "General Education Outcomes" folder.
6. To import all outcomes, select Import at the bottom. If you would like just one of the outcome types, click on the desired outcome folder and click Import. If you would like just one of the outcomes from that folder, select it and click Import.
7. When the confirmation box appears on the screen, click "OK."
Adding Program-Level Outcomes
Some programs and departments have added program-level outcomes folders. You are able to import these outcomes in a similar fashion.
Follow Steps 1-4 from above.
Step 5. Select the "Program Outcomes" folder.
6. Select the appropriate College subfolder (EMS, LAE or BILSA)
7. Navigate to the folder or individual outcome to import into your course and select.
Note: There is no disadvantage to importing a folder if you only need one or two outcomes in the folder. Canvas will only report on outcomes that you align with an assessment.
8. Click Import at the bottom of the page.
NOTE: Some program outcomes have been added at the College sub-level and the navigation to that folder might vary.
If you have questions, please contact the TTC at 608.342.1798 or email@example.com