PASS - Application for Graduation - On-Campus Undergraduate (9.2)
Instructions on how complete the Application for Graduation in PASS.
On-Campus degree seeking undergraduates will now be able to apply for graduation through PASS. Students will become eligible to apply after earning at least 90 credits. The Registrar's Office will make students eligible to apply and then the application will become available in the Task tile on the PASS Student Homepage.
Please allow a week after grade processing for the applications to be assigned. If you have any questions, please contact the Registrar's Office.
IMPORTANT: Complete all of the steps, including adding a diploma name, address and hometown. Any steps that are skipped will delay the processing of your application.
1. Login into PASS.
2. On the PASS Student Homepage, click on the Task Tile.
3. Click on the Application for Graduation task.
4. Read Step 1 - Launch
NOTE: You can click on the down arrow to the left of "Application for Graduation" at the top of the page to see your progress through the application. The step you are on will be green and the circle will indicate the following: Not started In progress Complete
5. Click on the 3-Bar menu and click Mark as Read
6. Then click Next
NOTE: If you click the progress bar, you'll see the Launch step is now complete and the Apply for Graduation step is green.
7. Click on "Apply for Graduation". If you have more than one major in two colleges, you will see two links and will have two Apply for Graduation steps. You will apply for one college program at a time, so click on one of the two links.
IMPORTANT: Please look at this page carefully. Your declared majors, minors and emphases are listed. If anything needs to be added, changed or dropped, please click Exit in the upper-left corner and contact the Registrar's Office.
8. Select the applicable Expected Graduation Term from the Dropdown. More than one term may be open, but if you are in two colleges, apply for the same term.
Here is the term availability schedule:
Term Begin End
Fall September 1st of Prior Year October 15th
Spring January 1st of Prior Year March 15th
Summer January 1st of Prior Year July 15th
NOTE: Terms close to allow processing of the application and inclusion in the commencement program. You may contact the Registrar's Office after this date for a late submission, but you may not be included in the commencement program.
9. Once the term is selected, click Continue.
10. You may click Select Different Term at this time to go back and choose a different term from the previous step. (There is no need to select a different program.)
If you don't need to change your term, click Submit Application.
11. You will get a confirmation step, but there are more steps to the application. Click Next.
IMPORTANT - It is very important continue all the way to the finish. Note completing will delay the processing of your application.
12. Add a diploma name, even if it is the same as your primary and/or preferred name. This will be how your name will appear on your diploma. Click the + sign.
13. An Add Name pop-up will appear. Fill in your diploma name (which is the degree name type in PASS), double check your spelling, and Save. NOTE: Prefix does not print on the diploma.
14. You will now have a Degree Name Type, which will appear on your diploma. Click Confirm, then Next.
15. Add a diploma address by clicking the button Add Diploma Address, even if it is the same as your home or mailing address.
16. An Add Address pop-up will appear. Enter the address where you want your diploma sent. If your address is already present in another address type, you may copy that over by clicking "Copy From", then select the correct address from the Select Address pop-up, otherwise, fill in the appropriate address and Save.
17. Review the diploma address. To edit, click on it, make changes and Save. When correct, click Confirm then Next.
18. Fill in your hometown. By default, the city and state from your home address will fill in. You may edit this hometown. If you do not want your hometown listed in the commencement program, write "Do Not List" in the field. Click Save. Then click Next.
19. You have reached the last step. Click Finish to complete the application.
If you have changes to any of your degree information, including college, major, minor, emphasis, and degree name, address or hometown from now until commencement, please contact the Registrar's Office at 608-342-1321.
Commencement information can be found at campus.uwplatt.edu/registrar/graduation.