Security - Duo Phone Re-Activation (New Phone with Same Number)
Duo steps for reauthorizing a new device that has the name phone number. NOTE: Before replacing your old phone, you can back up your Duo accounts to iCloud for iOS or Google Drive for Android devices. In order to use Instant Restore on Android devices, you will need to have the old device along with the new device.
- For iOS see: https://guide.duo.com/duo-restore#ios
- For Android see: https://guide.duo.com/duo-restore#android
If you did not previously back up your Duo accounts, you can use the following instructions to recover the account using your mobile phone number. If your phone number has changed, see Security - Duo Phone Activation (New Phone with New Number) for more information.
- Go to the UW-Platteville Duo Self-Service page.
- Enter your UW-Platteville NetID (Username) and Password and click the Sign in button or press the Enter key.
- Two factor authenticate by clicking Call Me, or click Enter a Passcode and have it text you codes.
- Once you are in Duo, you should see your devices that you have currently registered with Duo. For the device/number
you got a new phone for and would like to reauthorize, click Device Options to the right of that device.
- Then you should see the option to Reactivate Duo Mobile. Click this, and this will allow you to reactivate
- Follow the rest of the prompts from Duo for your specific device. After completing them, your device should be
reauthorized and Duo Mobile working on the new device.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.