Topics Map > OS & Desktop Software > Adobe Suite
Adobe - Installing and Updating Adobe Applications - Windows and Mac (Faculty/Staff Only)
This article will explain the process of installing and updating Adobe applications for Windows and Mac computers.
This article will explain the process of installing and updating Adobe applications for Windows computers. This article applies to faculty and staff systems only and not lab or presentation systems.
Installing Applications from the Adobe Creative Cloud Application
- Open the Creative Cloud Application from your Start Menu on Windows or the from the menu in the upper right corner of the display on the Mac
- Locate the application you wish to install and select "Install"
- When the program is complete the "Install" button will switch to "Open" or you may open the application from the Start Menu
Updating Adobe Applications from Adobe Creative Cloud
Occasionally you may be prompted to update Adobe applications and the instructions below should step you through this process.
- Open the Creative Cloud Application from your Start Menu
- Locate the application that requires updating and select the "Update" button
- When given the dialog for "Advanced Options" click on the option to open the dialog box and then check the box to remove old versions (if applicable) and then click on "Update."
- After clicking "Update" there will be a progress notification until it is complete and then the option will change to "Open" instead of "Update"