Linkedin Learning - How to create a new account
This article walks through the steps for setting up a new account in LinkedIn Learning.
All users with a NetID and password can create an account to use LinkedIn Learning. Follow the steps below to create your LinkedIn account. Note that some steps will not be required if you have already logged into a web application with Duo.
3. Use your UW-Platteville email to sign in on the next screen
4. Click Continue
5. Click "Sign in with Single Sign-On" (Employees only) **may not be required if you are already signed in with Duo
6. The next screen is the UW-Platteville Single Sign-on where you will login with NetID and password
**may not be required
7. On the LinkedIn Learning Welcome page, click "Continue without LinkedIn". If you would like to connect a LinkedIn account that you already have, you can click Connect my LinkedIn account.
NOTE: If you used your UW-Platteville email address to create your personal LinkedIn account, ITS strongly recommends changing that address in LinkedIn. Your UW-Platteville email is tied to your status as an employee or student. When you leave the University, your access to that email account ends. Also, for security reasons, you should not use your UW-Platteville email or username to establish other accounts. If you have questions about this, please contact the ITS Help Desk (info below).
8. On the confirmation window, click "Do not connect my account" (if that was your choice)
9. Next, personalize your learning by clicking the "Sounds good" button. LinkedIn will now ask you a series of questions that will help pinpoint some of the things that you are interested in. Note that no matter what you choose, you will always be able to go back and browse and find training that interests you.
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.