Blackboard Collaborate Original - Retirement
The Blackboard Collaborate Original (Java-based) webconference product will be retired by the vendor on December 31, 2020. Blackboard Collaborate Ultra (WebRTC-based) will continue to be available.
Most University of Wisconsin users are already using Blackboard Collaborate Ultra, and the retirement of the Original platform will not impact them.
The link to Blackboard Collaborate Original from the my.wisconsin.edu portal will be removed on April 30, 2020. If you are using Blackboard Collaborate Original, make plans to move future meetings and past meeting recordings prior to April 30, 2020. Users who still have future meetings in Blackboard Collaborate Classic should create new versions of those meetings in Blackboard Collaborate Ultra.
Users who wish to keep recordings made in Blackboard Collaborate Classic should contact their campus Blackboard Collaborate or Canvas administrator for instructions on how to download copies. You will need to have:
1) the title of the Collaborate Classic session
2) the date of the recording
3) whether the webconference was created:
- through D2L (and which campus's D2L instance)
- through the My Wisconsin Portal
- manually by a Blackboard Collaborate administrator
- as a WisLine Web event by Instructional Communications Systems
For more information on the retirement of Blackboard Collaborate Original, see: