Topics Map > Campus Services > E-mail
Topics Map > Campus Services > Telecommunications
Topics Map > Campus Services > Web
Topics Map > Campus Services > Canvas
Topics Map > Campus Services > Classroom Technologies
Zoom - Creating a Meeting Without Canvas
Create a Zoom meeting and invite your students using the Outlook Calendar tool.
1. To create a Zoom meeting without Canvas, go to uwplatt.zoom.us, and sign in with NET ID.
2. Select Schedule a New Meeting and fill in the necessary information. Click Save.
3. Once created, click on the Zoom meeting under "Meetings", and then click Copy Invitation.
4. Then click Copy Meeting Invitation again. Notice that there is a web link to download the ICS file. You can copy that link and paste it into a new web browser tab. This will download the ICS file. Double-clicking that file will create a meeting invitation in Outlook Desktop client (see image):
5. Copy the link that is provided to you and paste it into a new tab in your web browser, it will download the .ics for you.
6. Double click the file and it will open it in your Outlook Desktop client. You can also import this into the Web based Outlook calendar.
7. Now you can create a new Outlook meeting, make it a recurring meeting, click Add Attendees, and add your students’ email, and then paste the body of the meeting text that you copied into the meeting (see image):
If you have questions, please contact the ITS Help Desk at 608.342.1400 or email@example.com. You may also visit the Help Desk on the first floor of the Karrmann Library.